Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmastide Tea at The McCharles House



In The Artist's Way, Julia Cameron writes about the importance of Artist Dates. Taking time to replenish our inner well, restocking our artistic waters. Lydia and I meet once a month for an Artist Date at the magical McCharles House. Today was extra special because ChristmasTide Tea was being served.




 Located in Tustin, CA - The McCharles House is a beautiful Victorian Home that is lovingly maintained by Vivian and Audrey - an immensely talented mother/daughter duo. 

Beautiful surroundings, incredible food, wonderful conversation -
the ambience captured the feeling of my childhood home at Christmas.


Greeted with loose leaf hot teas, eggnog and my favorite McCharles House lime sherbet punch- 
we progressed to Roasted Tomato Basil soup, Chicken Magdelena and Wild Rice.


Dessert, I'll remember for a long time: Chocolate Truffle (seriously decadent), Bread Pudding and Fruit Cake that tasted just like my Grandma's...


Then it was time for a stroll through the delightful gardens-










It went by all too quickly. Santa waved goodbye and we headed our to our cars - my artistic soul replenished with rich images of a wonderful afternoon. Need to go - I have to make my reservations for next month!

Happy Holidays!

ox
Jenelle

No comments:

Post a Comment