Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 11 - A Creative Scrooge



Yesterday started out as a blissful Christmas shopping day with my hubby (rare!). We bought some gifts, had a wonderful lunch, watched a darling group perform a Holiday flashmob. Then, we walked by a vendor who was selling large oil paintings. 
I was stopped in my tracks. There it was. A painting I had painted in a workshop. A workshop that I had paid for. The signature was not my teacher's. Did he copy her? 


I took a photo of the painting. Perhaps I was mistaken. When I got home I made the comparison. Three main colors were changed, but they were EXACTLY the same painting- subject, background, texture. I felt like I'd been broadsided by Creative Scrooge.

I'm still in disbelief that anyone would steal so blatantly. I've read posts about corporations stealing an artist's work. A very talented friend found her work posted online with someone else's name. This issue is much more prevalent than I realized. Sorry to be Debbie Downer during the holidays, but I have been profoundly affected by this. 


Thanks for stopping by.

ox
Jenelle










No comments:

Post a Comment